Friday, January 17, 2014

…never the bride

Let me start with an introduction.

I'm Kayla and I have considered myself to be somewhat of an expert in all things bridesmaid related. While I have only been in about five weddings, they have all required me to do a good bit of planning.

All of my closest friends have either been married for several years or are engaged. Literally- all of my close friends

Hence, the name I chose for my blog.

That being said, I have loved and been grateful for every opportunity my friends have given me to be a part of their big days and I have learned so much along the way.

I have recently been asked by my closest friend Amber to be the Maid of Honor in her wedding later this year. This marks the third time for me as MOH and I definitely consider this third time to be a charm! Now, if that doesn’t make you feel like a good friend… I don’t know what does.

The purpose of this blog is to share all the bridal, planning, celebrating, etiquette knowledge that I have gained over the past few years. Having been in several weddings, I have had the opportunity to plan several showers and bachelorette parties. Not only have I had a hand in planning, I have learned quite a bit about wedding and bridal party etiquette. 

I hope to have questions answered and ideas inspired for everyone reading.

I am MOH in two weddings this year and the first wedding is happening in May. So, what am I currently working on? A bridal shower and a bachelorette party that I plan on doing individual posts about after they are over. For now…

Here’s a little bit about what I have going on at the moment:

The bridal shower is in March right at the beginning of spring, so I’m thinking the trendy (but lovely!) burlap and lace theme. I’m calling it “Southern Chic”- with a ton of burlap, lace, and blush colors going on. Sounds pretty good, right??

The bachelorette party is going to be a weekend with the girls in Savannah, GA. The one thing the bride wanted to do for certain was riding a bike tavern. So we chose the company Savannah Pedals, (which has amazing customer service by the way). They offer a special ride for bachelorette parties called, “The Last Ride.” I have to say, it sounds like it’s going to be a good time.

I am looking forward to sharing some really crafty and fun ideas with you (whether that be DIY, decorations, party ideas... etc.), while being as helpful as possible. Keep and eye out for my next post, “How to throw an unforgettable Bachelorette Party.”


No comments:

Post a Comment