Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Problems Only Bridesmaids Will Understand

Has it really been almost two weeks since my last post??

There has just been so much going on that I have [unfortunately] been neglecting my blog… shame, shame.

Just a little bit of what's being going on in my life...
I had a big birthday party this past weekend to celebrate my upcoming golden birthday- I will be turning 26 on February 26th. This is something of a tradition in my family and I was surprised to hear that some of my friends had never heard of this concept! My birthday is one of my favorite days of the year and always has been.

I was offered a position as a crisis assessor for a local behavioral health center and orientation starts Monday! I am beyond excited and this will be my first, "big girl," job using my degree, so there has been a lot to celebrate lately.

This time of the year is the best for television because all of my favorite TV shows are starting again after a long winter break: The Walking Dead, Glee, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Game of Thrones… I could go on.

But enough about my life, let's get back to the important stuff.

One of my brides, Brittany, started a Facebook group for all the bridesmaids in order for us to have easy access to each other and so that she can keep us updated on all things wedding related. Occasionally, something funny gets posted like this BuzzFeed article about problems only bridesmaids will understand. One of my favorite things about the article is the tagline, "So much drama, and it isn't even your wedding."

Now, I have mentioned before that I have been lucky enough to have pretty easy going bride friends. However… and I'm just gonna say it… there's going to be some kind of drama either way, small or big. Am I right my fellow bridesmaids??

I only want to touch on a few of these today, but I have a feeling I will be referring back to this post more than once.

Number 2: All your free time will be dedicated to wedding activities.

This could not be more relevant to my life right now. The month of March is fully dedicated to weddings and as the MOH for two weddings this year, I am fully committed to these events. All of my bride friends live in Hotlanta, so basically every weekend in March I will be traveling to see them. I have two bridal showers, an engagement party, and a wedding to attend. That being said-- I wouldn't miss these events for anything.

Numbers 5 and 6: The bridesmaid dress will not be flattering to your body type and it isn't cheap.

I have to disagree with these because my brides have been conservative with price and I actually love the two dresses I will be wearing this year. Anyone ever heard of Little Borrowed Dress? If you haven't, go check out their website immediately and recommend it to any of your friends who are engaged or close to it!

Basically, it all comes down to number 25: Crying off your makeup because you're so happy for the newlyweds. This is another one of those, "that's what being a bridesmaid is all about," moments. Any drama seems to disappear the minute you walk down that aisle and celebrate the marriage of two people you love. Just remember number 25 during those times you feel like throwing the bride into a chokehold because she added one more thing to the to-do list.

Good luck out there bridesmaids!

Join me for my next blog post, I'll be sharing all the details from my birthday party!!






No comments:

Post a Comment