Thursday, May 15, 2014

Savannah Bachelorette Party

This was the first weekend bachelorette party I have ever attended or planned and I consider it a major success! If anyone is thinking about going to Savannah, GA for a bachelorette party, I highly recommend it! It was the place to be for bachelorettes!

We arrived to our hotel Friday, changed into our tutu's and went to eat at this yummy mexican restaurant called Cilantro's that was walking distance to the hotel. I had the most delicious chicken tacos! I called them that morning and they graciously took my reservation for 10 people.

After dinner we walked down to the end of the block to wait on our bike tavern, so of course we all got a drink to go--- this is a perk of Savannah, you can take your alcoholic beverage from whatever establishment you bought it at and take it with you!
                                          

We met up with the bike tavern crew and loaded up! (FYI you have to sign a consent for not wearing helmets). The bike tavern was SO much fun and it's a great group activity!! Don't let them fool you though, you work hard and pedal a lot during the tour.

Our tour was specifically for bachelorette parties, so we had a scavenger hunt list of silly activities for the bride to complete. The tour guide told us that if the bride completed everything on the list she would get a t-shirt, so that became my mission for the rest of the tour!


{My biggest complaint about the bike tavern was that alcohol was not included, which I felt was very misleading. I suppose I could have asked about it, but being that it was called a "tavern," I had just assumed it would be included. During the tour we made stops at several historical bars around Savannah and bought drinks there. However, this didn't dampen our experience. We had our playlist going and all the gals looked like they were having a blast pedaling around!}

After the bike tavern ended we did a little bar hopping and danced the night away. Well, the bachelorette danced the night away for sure- so much so, that she won a dance contest!!! It was a great way to end the evening.


The next day we woke up and headed out to Tybee Island and spent a few hours on the beach. We came back and everyone got ready for the lingerie shower! Our rooms shared this big terrace that over looked the river and part of River Street- it was so beautiful! I set up a little bar in one of the rooms and we gathered on the terrace outside of the room while Brittany opened her gifts.


After Brittany finished opening gifts we played the "quiz the groom" game and her fiance impressed everyone with his adorable and funny answers!

After the lingerie shower, we headed to dinner at the Moon River Brewing Company. I don't know about everyone else, but I had something called "The Tacodilla" and I suggest everyone try it. It. was. so. good!!

Last, but definitely not least, was Savannah Smiles- a dueling piano bar. If you have never been to a dueling piano bar, I suggest you plan to visit one this weekend... ASAP! I can't even begin to tell you how perfect this place is for a bachelorette party. I think there were about 7 or 8 other bachelorette parties there and one bachelor party. The place was crawling with soon-to-be-wed folks! I highly recommend anyone in the Savannah area visit this establishment (even if you're not there for a bachelorette party).

Overall, I think the trip was a success. The food was good, the beach was fun, and we found some cool bars to hang out in (or bike on!).

Have any of you ever been to or helped plan a weekend bachelorette party? I have another one this year during November and it will be in New Orleans.

If you have any ideas for weekend bachelorette parties or suggestions on what/what not to do, please comment below!





No comments:

Post a Comment